Cookies are files that are stored on the user’s computer that browses the Internet and that, in particular, contain a number that allows the user’s computer to be uniquely identified, even if the user changes its location or IP address.
Cookies are installed while browsing the Internet, either by the websites that the user visits or by third parties with whom the website is related, and they allow the latter to know their activity on the same site or on others with which they are It relates this, for example: the place from which you access, the connection time, the device from which you access (fixed or mobile), the operating system and browser used, the most visited pages, the number of clicks made and the number of data regarding user behavior on the Internet.
The website is accessible without the need for cookies to be activated, although its deactivation may prevent its proper functioning.
Types of Cookies
Types of existing Cookies
Cookies can be classified according to the entity that manages them, according to the time they remain activated in the terminal equipment and according to their purpose.
The main obligation for companies or service providers in the information society or the internet, through means such as web pages, platforms or computer applications is established by art. 22.2 of the LSSI, which establishes:
“Service providers may use data storage and retrieval devices in terminal equipment of the recipients, provided that they have given their consent after they have been provided with clear and complete information on their use , in particular, on the purposes of data processing, in accordance with the provisions of Organic Law 15/1999, of December 13, on the Protection of Personal Data. “
Likewise, cookies used for any of the following purposes are exempt from compliance with the obligations established in article 22.2 of the LSSI:
- Only allow communication between the user’s computer and the network.
- Strictly provide a service expressly requested by the user.
In this sense, the cookies that would be exempted from the obligations set forth in art. 22.2 those that have the following purposes:
- User input cookies.
- User authentication or identification cookies (session only).
- User security cookies. (erroneous and repeated attempts to connect).
- Media player session cookies.
- Session cookies to balance the load.
- Cookies to personalize the user interface.
- Complement cookies to exchange social content.
These cookies are excluded from the scope of application of art. 22.2 of the LSSI, and therefore, it would not be necessary to inform or obtain consent on its use. On the contrary, it would be necessary to inform and obtain consent for the installation and use of any other type of cookies, both first and third party, session or persistent, being subject to the scope of article 22.2 of the LSSI, on the guidance in this document will be useful.
Cookies, depending on the entity that manages them, can be:
- Own cookies : These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies : These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
Cookies according to the period of time that remain activated in the terminal equipment we can distinguish:
- Session cookies : They are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page.
- Persistent cookies : They are a type of cookies in which the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Cookies, depending on their purpose, can be:
- Technical cookies : These are those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist in it, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, access parts of restricted access, remember the elements that make up an order, carry out the process of purchasing an order, make a request for registration or participation in an event, use security elements while browsing, store content for dissemination of videos or sound or share content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies : These are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which the service is accessed. , the regional configuration from where you access the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies : These are those that allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform and to create navigation profiles of the users of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements in based on the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies : These are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which the requested service is provided based on criteria such as edited content or how often the ads are shown.
- Behavioral advertising cookies : These are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
Types of Cookies that are used on the Web www.quicksteam.es
This website owned by QUICK STEAM, SL , uses the following cookies:
- Performance and analysis cookies [INSERT THE CORRESPONDING HERE] : these are cookies used for analysis, research or statistics in order to improve the website experience. By using these cookies more relevant information can be displayed to visitors.
The legal obligations imposed by the regulations are twofold: the duty of information and obtaining consent.
First of all, the first thing to do is to identify the cookies that are being installed or used, analyzing whether they are own or third-party, session or permanent cookies and, specifying their function to be able to decide whether or not they are in the scope of application of article 22.2.
The second section of article 22 of the LSSI establishes that users must be provided with clear and complete information on the use of data storage and retrieval devices and, in particular, on the purposes of data processing, in accordance with the provisions of Organic Law 15/1999, of December 13, on the protection of personal data.
Consequently, the information on cookies provided at the time of requesting consent must be sufficiently complete to allow users to understand the purpose for which they were installed and to know the uses that will be given to them.
Mandatory information may be provided through multiple systems. As we will see later on, generally, these means will not only provide the necessary information, but also the user’s consent for the installation of the devices may be requested. Among the most common methods are:
- The provision of information through a header bar or in the footer, in a sufficiently visible way.
Likewise, information must be offered on how to deactivate or eliminate the cookies listed through the functionalities provided by the editor, as well as the way to revoke the consent already given.
This acceptance may be revoked through the content and privacy configuration options available therein. The Owner recommends that its users consult the help of their browser or access the help web pages of the main browsers:
Firefox : http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/cookies-informacion-que-los-sitios-web-guardan-en-
Chrome : http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=95647
Safari : http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042
Explorer : http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9
If the user wishes to ask any questions about the Cookies Policy of the Website, they can contact the Owner through the following address: email@example.com indicating in the subject ” Cookies Policy “.